Thursday, August 12, 2010

Can you teach an old dog new tricks?

I've heard that if you have a goal, it's best to state it right out loud so others can hold you accountable for following through on it. Drumroll, please...........

I am going to learn how to cook. OK, not exactly rocket science, but I have zero natural ability to match things together, or season stuff or do anything other than I am the best eater of food ever. I didn't bother learning for years because Brumley was so damn good at it and he actually enjoyed it. I guess I could have payed a little attention rather than drinking wine while he worked. (oops...hindsight's 20/20, huh??) I even tried to talk him into preparing all our meals for me. He could do half of them on Sunday night and the other half on Wednesday. He agreed to it, but never did it, so I am guessing it wasn't such an exciting plan to him--who could blame him?? :)

I know it's not exactly the most sought after information for most, but I will be happy to post the recipes I find, and I would certainly appreciate your sharing your's with me as I start on my new adventure!

Peace be with poor Hunter and Ivey and may their stomachs be made of steel.

1 comment:

  1. So first stab at it must have been ok. Kids (all three of them) said it was good and Ginger (yes, the old one) climbed on the counter to eat what the kids had left. Success?

    ReplyDelete