Sunday, August 29, 2010

thankful

Game night with family and great friends on Friday night. Saturday I got to have breakfast with mimi, see rylee's first ever soccer game (Too cute!!) before going off to work. The kids went with their cousin and his girlfriend (tommy and kessa) to see the toadies-dia de los toadies. Since I had a wedding I couldn't go. They had a great time, and came home tired, dirty, a little cranky, and sore from dancing so it sounds like a good time was had to me. I love that they were able to go and that they are such great kids I had no worries-mostly. :)

After our heart-attack-inducing breakfast (well, lunch maybe-at noon) at chef pointe cafe (if you haven't tried it, you're missing out, fo sho! Chicken and waffles and the most yummy open faced sandwich that sort of reminded me of a monte cristo but with a fab rich cream sauce all over it), spent the afternoon at a fundraiser at a hole-in-the-wall smoky bar with great music from several local singer/songwriters (and one or two not great, but interesting nonetheless), great conversation and frosty beverages. I love living in a place where at 2:00 on a Sunday this can readily be found--that and someone to enjoy it with.

The cherry on this weekend I am grateful for was dinner with those brumley kids (yep, I cooked), and one bff with a little true blood.

We get to start another week tomorrow. Smile even when you don't mean it. There are many many reasons to do so every day. Find one and appreciate it. Do it for yourself and your happiness, but do it especially for those who are struggling. You never know when your smile may be the only bright spot in someone's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment