Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Checking in

So I haven't been home every night, but every night I have been home, I have definitely cooked. It's not the daunting task it always has been. My sweet boss brought me four months of her menus and the link to where she gets the recipes. This, with several friends offering tidbits/suggestions/advice has made it easy and (gasp) actually fun. So far so good. I was even told the other night that I should have taken up this whole cooking thing earlier (to be fair, it was only said once by one person, and let's just say she hasn't been enjoying lots of home-cooked meals)! I'll take the compliment, though.

Now, since saying that publicly worked so well, I am going to say that I am going to get back to working out, also. Community, hold me to it, please!

Hunter started his senior year in high school. Since he and Ivey are going to Dia de los Toadies this weekend (I am super jealous that I can't go but am also excited they get to), he has had to work every day this week. I have hardly seen him, but he seemed to be happy (as of last night at least) with his classes. He is continuing his audio engineering and is taking some AP classes to get college credit. Ivey started her sophomore year and seems to be liking it fine, too. She is staying in softball this semester but wants to get out before the season starts because she's not a big fan of the JV coach. Feel free to nag away at her, family and friends (sorry Ivey!).

We had lots of kids here for FDOSB (First Day of School Breakfast) and I am thrilled to get to see all the bright shiny faces and to be a part of their big days. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

I have been off from the weekend gig for the past three weekends and have really enjoyed and appreciated the time off. I am getting back into the swing of things this weekend and apparently will be crazy busy for the next few months.

The divorce will be final September 16th-- and we are all still good. Josh and I are getting along fine. The kids are seeing Josh regularly and we are all doing well. I hate that it is so hard for everyone else, but the four of us are doing just fine. We are not mad, sad, angry, upset, stressed, or anything else negative. We are doing great. We do all appreciate the concern, though and if you want to, come get Hunter and Ivey and take them to lunch and talk to them one on one. They'd love that-they both are big fans of food.

I have been spending lots of time concerned about and sending love to family and several friends/coworkers/loved ones who are dealing with some significant health problems or super challenging life circumstances. Never miss an opportunity to laugh, hug, kiss, tell someone you love them, share a smile and just pass on warm, gentle kindness. You never know what someone is going through or dealing with. It may be temporary, or it may be permanent but the grace in which you handle the challenge says everything about you. I wish you all the comfort to know you are not alone.

Love to you all.
e

1 comment: