Saturday, July 17, 2010

breakthroughs

You know how when things are good, you just roll through on auto-pilot often without noticing what is happening around you or within you? And it takes something happening, unfortunately usually negative, to give you the jolt to become aware again? That's not to say that you don't appreciate things but you aren't actively learning about yourself and the world you live in and how.

Being home alone in the pool or on the couch without background noise, with nothing but my thoughts is very peaceful and I'm super proud of that.

I absolutely LOVE what is happening at the y-dub. We are evolving and making more of a difference for more people and that is beautiful to watch. To see such passion in those I get to spend every day with and the depth they have to make things happen is inspiring to say the least. I also LOVE coordinating weddings. Really throwing yourself into someones special day and trying to make sure it is perfect, fun, memorable and thinking of all the things they didn't is super fun. I love the people I get to work with there, too! As it turns out, there's not much better place to be a single woman than at a wedding. either!

Learning to love people and my world exactly the way it is and exactly the way it isn't was a powerful lesson and takes practicing every single day.

Being frightened doesn't have to shut you down. The things I have been most scared of have been my proudest achievements.

I used to think my being willing to trust others and what they say was naive. I now realize it is something only a strong person can do.

A small thing such as having my pool cared for by someone else makes all the difference in the world for me and my stress level.

Master bathroom toilet seats staying put was definitely underrated for 20 or so years of my life.

I have the most incredible, strong, passionate, loving, generous friends around me and I have finally realized there is a reason for this and that makes me smile. I hope to give you all as much as you have given and give me.

My go-to life-coach is my stepdad. I love him because he's my moms husband, but its more than that. He doesn't fix things for me or even try. He listens to whatever I have to say, and I can tell him anything at all about anyone at all. He listens without making me feel silly or wrong or stupid and knows me well enough to ask me the questions that have me find the answers. That's a beautiful thing to have in the world. My wish is that everyone have a "poppy" that they can go to.

I am aware of the strong, healthy friendships and why they are that way and who they are with. I am also aware of those fragile ones and why they are. I am also aware of those that are broken and some I know exactly why and some I'm not sure about. I am thankful for each of them anyway because I believe people come in and out of our lives for a reason and hopefully we both gained something, even if it was small.

I still don't love to cook. Fortunately I have friends that do.

Seeing someone you love with all your heart be loved by someone else is heart melting and a beautiful thing. Seeing someone you love be not treated right and compromising themselves is conversely the hardest thing to watch.

Being able to laugh until we cry with someone without even knowing why is part of one of the deepest friendships I have ever known.

I love being able to sleep on either side of the king-sized bed or smack dab in the middle.

Sometimes its the little things that make us smile and sometimes its the big crater sized things.

Fast sports cars are both fun and can be bad at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. i love reading your blog... :)
    the opening sentence really caught my eye this morning... thanks for the reminder to 'be' present in our lives. hope u have a great day girl!
    - misty moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, misty! you made my day. :)

    erika

    ReplyDelete