Tuesday, July 13, 2010

on my mind...

If someone acts with a disregard for your feelings, they are either so grossly self-absorbed they don't realize it, selfish they don't care or damaged they can't tell the difference. At any rate, nothing you do can change any of those three so let them go and hope that they will work it out for themselves.

Every person must be whole before they can enter into another relationship and have it be successful.

Timing is everything. If you don't believe it, ask someone whose child just got hit by a car, who just had a baby, who just found out they had a terminal disease or won the lottery. Sometimes it works for you and sometimes it works against you. For now.

Sometimes the greatest of all blessings are those things you wished and hoped for the very most--that didn't happen.

Actions speak louder than words. Words are poetic and can be beautiful or not, but what someone does is where its at.

If someone does me wrong, I can do nothing about that. I can only do something about my reaction, whether I let it continue to hurt me or make me angry. I also can control whether I allow myself to continue that cycle and do the same thing to others. I can choose to do better and not leave a string of damaged relationships behind me in my wake. Learn a little more about yourself from each challenge and it will all be worthwhile.

Don't be afraid to give yourself fully. Its the only way to experience life completely. At the same time, don't make someone a priority if they only make you an option.

Life is short, if somethings confusing, move on. It shouldn't be that hard. Time will usually clarify it.

We never have a guarantee of tomorrow so live each day as though it may be your last.

Happiness is a work in progress and its ok to be unrelenting in its pursuit. Smile. Its good for you. Pass it on. Do something kind for someone else for no reason or expectation of reciprocation. Challenge yourself to do something every day to make your little piece of the world a better place. Write it down. I'd love to know what it is you're doing.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous post!!! I am now a fan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very proud of you, my friend. And though it doesn't feel like it at the time, these things help us grow and become who we are. I didn't think you could become more perfect than what you were, but I see now that you are perfecting perfection. I love you.

    ReplyDelete