Thursday, July 8, 2010

Boring update - almost no mush this time.

I have been working the new job-- as a wedding and event coordinator at the Bell Tower in Fort Worth. The Bell Tower is run and operated by ACH (formerly All Church Home). The property it sits on used to be the Masonic Children's Home near the Polytechnic area of FW that was closed down several years ago. A family bought it and donated it to ACH and they are renovating it building by building. The Bell Tower Chapel was renovated first as a revenue generator for their programs and there are several coordinators, me being one. I absolutely love it. It is super hard work and can be very stressful, but is also amazing and fun. It is a lot less hours than HD, mostly just Saturdays and/or Sundays, so I am off all nights during the week, which is great. I actually get to see the kids! I am quite aware often of how fortunate I am to have a job I absolutely love going to every day with people I love working with every day. And now to have two very different jobs that I really enjoy seems somehow unfair, but I'm not giving either back.

Hunter has quit his job at Sonic - he is going on an adventure. I am not sure at all what that means, but love it for him, so long as his car insurance continues to be paid on time. :) Speaking of that - he was putting his shoes on while driving the stick shift and somehow the lady in front of him stopped at the light rammed her rear bumper right into his front bumper - tragic. So, if you see Hunter walking about town, honk and wave, please.

Ivey has quit working at NRH20. She is looking for another job, but since she's only 15, is having a hard time. I am not sad she can't find a job, but she is.

Things are going well otherwise, the divorce will be finalized in the next few weeks, which is exciting. It will be nice to have all of it behind us. Since Heather's divorce will be finalized around the same time we are planning a double ceremony and will be trying to get our court dates and times together.

I still have to say I am in awe every day of the amazing friends and family I have. I am not sure what I have ever done to deserve it, but the people that choose to be in my life have shown me over and over again how much they love me and why. I can't thank you all enough.

PS - I don't have to work Saturday or Sunday this week! Shenanigans o'plenty!

No comments:

Post a Comment