Wednesday, August 19, 2009

on my mind

Monday, March 31, 2008
: Current mood: sleepy
grand-parentals. One who moved into his assisted living apartment today and learning how to "be" with that until his wife gets out of rehab. One who is in rehab and trying desperately not to be sick anymore. One who is aging before my eyes but still playing on two softball teams, running every day, and on the freaking GO with a capital G! One I *never* see but still love.
bathroom remodel.
getting the moron out of the White House - and not putting another one in. I’m all about Obama, baby.
Thanksgiving week (cruise!!!).
getting our back yard ready for a couple of upcoming swoirees.
chocolate ice cream, with nuts, hot fudge and whipped cream.
pamprin.
my car desperately needing to be detailed.
Hunter starting to drive!?!?!
figuring out a way to go away with a cute guy I met in seventh grade for a weekend. alone.
the men and women fighting overseas and their families.
I need a swimsuit. :)
getting a new roof.
Hunter’s braces come off May 8th. (No, he wasn’t born with them, it just seems that way!)
Creating new doodle art.
middle school boys who don’t have outlets for their emotions. :(
I need a Sunday at home, with the fam in my hammock with a good book and a fruity drink with an umbrella.
I love how close Hunter and Ivey are. It’s cool.
Updating my Netflix queue(sp?)
My family. All of them, cousins who recently separated and figuring out how to live alone, cousins who live in Cali but were home last weekend, cousins who are buying houses, parentals who are stressed to the max taking care of their elderly parents, parentals who, although they are stressed to the max taking care of their elderly parents seem happier than ever with their spousal units, kids who are in relationships (bleh!), parentals who are divorcing, cousin who is in a place I never want to be, parentals-in-law who are celebrating their 25th anniversary soon, a sibling who is gonna have a baby and seems super happy with his wife, parentals who are getting to spend more time with their other grandchildren now and how happy that makes them!, how I never see many members of our families and how some of them I am actually sad about, uncles who are sick, my cousins little man and how I will get to see him lots more this summer! and how selfish some family members can be.
how glad I am to have a few really close friends who are always there when I need them.
having missed yoga for way too long.
the lady in my Dialogue on Race who gets on my nerves and how to address it.
the mean and nasty Clinton delegates from our precinct at the Democratic Convention Saturday. karma’s a bitch.
Josh’s first round of test results coming back normal and him being convinced it was no big deal then. :(
friends who have drifted away. Being ok with some of them drifting away. Wishing I could see some more often. Wishing the things that made some of us drift apart wouldn’t have come between us.
pms sucks.
how fun it was to be a part of our friends’ wedding this weekend and how very very fun it was to spend some time with my cousins shaking our booties afterwards. (how NOT FUN it was the next day to be a model in a hat fashion show feeling like I felt.)
how things are really good and how fortunate I am

No comments:

Post a Comment