Sunday, November 21, 2010

Really new things!

Wow! There's exciting things happening! I can't tell everything right now, but it just feels right. You know how when you think of something and whether it might be the right thing and you can't think of one reason you shouldn't?

It means lots less stress for me, and for others, and that makes me even happier. It means for more family game nights and my liver may or may not forgive me. Just saying...

I had a great weekend. I got to witness the wedding of an adorable couple who, even though I see weddings often now and am sometimes critical, I was actually proud to see get married. They are sweet and so in love, it was such a pleasure getting to be a part of it all. I got to spend the evening with two cousins and the boyfriend of one, whom I adore. Two other friends worked the event and it was a pleasure getting to be a part of their fine work. Another friend was my date and it was a pleasure getting to be next to my bff and experience it all (all of it) together.

Speaking of the bff, Heather and Feesh have put a contract on a house and I am so excited I could pee my pants. Not only is it a spectacular house (it is spectacular!!!!), it's close, it means they will be together and I love that more than anything. I love him more and more for her every time I am with him. They are so crazy in love and it is so beautiful to see someone you love so very much be loved so genuinely. Mimi and I got to have dinner with his parentals, and it was like we were meeting our new in-laws. It was great, and I look forward to many, many more of those dinners.

I spent the day today relaxing (for those of you doubting, I really did!), and then made new plans that impact a lot. I am turning my garage into a studio apartment for a friend. It will help me with expenses, and help them with rent, and will be great for everyone. I am super excited. It relieves a lot of pressure and stress for finances from me and also will have another set of eyes and ears for the kids, and hands to help around here, and "friend X" is good in the yard!!!!

I am on vacation allllllllll week this week! Going to Thanksgiving with family for the first time in 6 or 7 years. More soon. Promise.

Overall, though, things are looking up. Have a happy thanksgiving and tell those you love why you love them. Don't miss the opportunity, you may not get another.

No comments:

Post a Comment