Sunday, December 5, 2010

Smiling's my favorite!

So we took our holiday pictures during the Thanksgiving break, and even though I thought it would make me sad, it wasn't bad. The truth is, the kids and I have so much fun together that any regret was overshadowed by a good time.

I think I just finished one of the best weekends in a long time. I got to catch up with friends on Friday night, had coffee/tea and seriously people watched with my Carrie Saturday morning, spent time with Ivey and her friends Saturday and then had a date night with my dude. We had dinner and then went to Pete's Piano Bar. It was great (yes, I had my "baby" in a bar...let the judgement begin), we both had fun, and it was fabulous to get to spend the evening with him. Today, I got to spend the day with Ivey, and we pulled Christmas decorations out of the attic, put them out (no tree this year because we decided we didn't want one). Pulling the stockings out was the first sad time I've had in a while. More for the fact that I didn't exactly know what to do. We have four matching stockings. I picked three of them out, and put one back in the box and put it back up in the attic. The split second moment of uncomfortableness ended with me and Ivey laughing about something silly, they are hung, and all's good in the world again.

We made a wreath, I made my cinnamon smelly stuff that made the house smell like Christmas, baked some candy (wrong, Indi, dirty and wrong of you to introduce me to that and then let me know how easy it is to make), baked banana nut bread, and chicken enchiladas.

Now, I think I'll go watch Elf.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Love reading your blogs. Tonya

    ReplyDelete