Wednesday, August 22, 2012

righting a wrong

So tonight after dinner, I was sitting in the front yard reflecting on what a great day, and week and month and life I had, drinking a glass of wine, watching Mitch mow the front yard. Hunter and Mimi came over for dinner and ate with Mitch and Ivey and me. A lady walked by, that we see often walking her dog, and said, "Now that's how it's done. You've got him trained!".  I smiled and told her to have a good night, but didn't set her straight. I feel guilty about that, so I will now right my wrong.

I didn't tell her I didn't train him. He is a good man. That is for certain, but it has nothing to do with me. I didn't tell her he was a good man long before I met him. I didn't tell her about his integrity, loyalty, honesty. I didn't tell her that he worked twelve hours at the hospital before he came home. He ate some dinner with us and quickly got outside before it got dark to get the yard mowed. I didn't tell her that he works hard because he wants things for us. I didn't tell her he works hard to so we can work for ourselves. Although he doesn't mention it or have to do it, he works hard so he can give more than his required child support every month so that his girls can have extra things.

Now - for the record, I must now also give big public props to Josh Brumley, because he pays extra child support, too. He is a good dad, and Brumley - you can be sure that your kids know it. I make sure they do.

p.s. "Off" brand pocket shield things work really well. I didn't get bit - at all.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I could say the same about Jeff. Glad you are happy! I will have to come check out your store one day soon.
    Sure wish I had time to blog... lol! Hard to stay with it, huh!?

    ReplyDelete